In citing the MuD server please refer to:
Gilad Wainreb, Haim Ashkenazy, Yana Bromberg, Alina Starovolsky-Shitrit,
Turkan Haliloglu, Eytan Ruppin, Karen B. Avraham, Burkhard Rost and Nir Ben-Tal.
MuD: an interactive web-server for the prediction of deleterious substitutions
using protein structural data.
Nucleic Acids Research; 2010 Web Server Issue; PMID:20542913; DOI: 10.1093/nar/gkq528 [ABS] [PDF]
- This research was funded by European Commission FP6 Integrated Project EuroHear
LSHG-CT- 20054-512063, NATO 25 traveling grant No. CBP.MD.CLG 983009, and by the National
Library of Medicine (grant 2-R01-LM007329).
- The development was funded in part by Edmond J. Safra Center for Bioinformatics at Tel-Aviv university.
- Bromberg, Y. and Rost, B. (2007) SNAP: predict effect of non-synonymous polymorphisms on function. Nucleic Acids Res, 35, 3823-3835.
- Ng, P.C. and Henikoff, S. (2001) Predicting deleterious amino acid substitutions. Genome research, 11, 863-874.
- Markiewicz, P., Kleina, L.G., Cruz, C., Ehret, S. and Miller, J.H. (1994) Genetic studies of the lac repressor. XIV. Analysis
of 4000 altered Escherichia coli lac repressors reveals essential and non-essential residues, as well as "spacers" which do not require a specific sequence. Journal of molecular biology, 240, 421-433.
- Rennell, D., Bouvier, S.E., Hardy, L.W. and Poteete, A.R. (1991) Systematic mutation of bacteriophage T4 lysozyme. Journal of molecular biology, 222, 67-88.
- Loeb, D.D., Swanstrom, R., Everitt, L., Manchester, M., Stamper, S.E. and Hutchison, C.A., 3rd. (1989) Complete mutagenesis of the HIV-1 protease. Nature, 340, 397-400. Kawabata, T., Ota, M. and Nishikawa, K. (1999)
- The Protein Mutant Database. Nucleic Acids Res, 27, 355-357.
- Landau, M., Mayrose, I., Rosenberg, Y., Glaser, F., Martz, E., Pupko, T. and Ben-Tal, N. (2005) ConSurf 2005: the projection of evolutionary conservation scores of residues on protein structures Nucleic Acids Res, 33, W299-302.
- Breiman, L. (2001) Random forests. Machine Learning, 45, 5-32.
- Goldenberg, O., Erez, E., Nimrod, G. and Ben-Tal, N. (2009) The ConSurf-DB: pre-calculated evolutionary conservation profiles of protein structures. Nucleic Acids Res, 37, D323-327.